Hi, Tab-

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote (on 12/13/10 6:04 PM):

I, too, thought that your email was stating that the aforementioned
documents had *no* editors, and that you were saying that Ian wasn't
willing to work on them.  If the idea is merely that you would like
co-editors who are willing to do the job of occasionally pushing TR
copies, that could have been communicated *much* better.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I tried, and used words like "co-editor", but the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

But we are looking for more than someone to just push TR copies, we want someone who (like Ian) understands the issues, and knows how to help drive progress through consensus and technical expertise, and who can dedicate themselves to the task.

For example, an editor does *far* more than just publish snapshots and
deal with comments; I definitely don't have time to do all the work
that being an editor would entail.

Okay.

You aren't asking for someone to do all that though,

Yes, we are.

you're just asking for someone to occasionally do
a bit of administrative work.  I have the bandwidth to help with that
if necessary.

Thanks, but we are indeed looking for full-fledged co-editors. If we don't find any likely candidates (and maybe if we do), then we will certainly take you up on your offer to help with the administrative work. Thanks!

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs