On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:27:56 +0100, Glenn Maynard <gl...@zewt.org> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Robin Berjon <ro...@berjon.com> wrote:

On Jan 22, 2011, at 01:04 , Glenn Maynard wrote:
> Putting family photos in a directory and giving a webpage access to it
> isn't the same as putting them on a publically-accessible webserver.

How so?

One makes them accessible to a single webpage, the other makes them
publically accessible to the entire world.

Not in my experience. People put them somewhere on facebook.com or skype.com or something, which makes them accessible through a very small number of single webpages. And often without loggin in, those are not actually available to anyone.

So as a user, it seems functionally the same except the particular hoops for putting things online which are different in every single case.

cheers

Chaals