On Feb/3/2011 2:15 PM, ext Marcos Caceres wrote:

On 2/3/11 8:08 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
On Feb/1/2011 1:30 PM, ext Marcos Caceres wrote:
I have updated the Wigets P&C spec for publication as a LC.

This new draft specifies the defaultlocale attribute

Is support for this proposed attribute going to be added to the Widget
object? (I don't see it mentioned in latest ED of the Widget Interface
spec.)

No, defaultlocale has no relationship to the API side (assuming that is what you mean).

I was trying to determine if you had identified a Use Case for exposing this piece of metadata via the Widget object in the TWI spec (and I see you think "no").

Anyhow, coming back to the proposal - as I understand it, it would plug an interop hole in the CR where if the UA has no locale set, it is left to the UA (i.e. non-deterministic) as to what - if any - localized data the UA will use. The proposal does indeed make that behavior deterministic but since old UAs would ignore this new attribute, the proposal would break UAs based on the CR. Is this correct?

-Art Barstow