On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 20:19:27 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@opera.com> wrote:
So in terms of HTML5 the above would invoke "Constructing the form data set" (defined in HTML5) for the HTMLFormElement passed as parameter and let that data set be the data hold by FormData. Is that what you plan to implement?

Yes.

So I looked into this today and it seems that what HTML defines is not entirely what is needed. The controls associated with the form and extracting the form data set are separate steps rather than one algorithm that can be used for FormData. I filed a bug on HTML and updated the XMLHttpRequest specification as far as I could (not very):

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/#dom-formdata-form

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/