Well, so here are my comments:

---------------------------------------
I would reformulate:

> MathML often needs to be transformed to be copied as plain text, for example
> to make sure "to the power of" is shown with the caret "^" sign. Also, the
> XML source could be placed in the clipboard with the appropriate
> transformation occurring when pasting.

into:

> MathML often needs to be transformed to be copied as plain text, for example
> to make sure "to the power of" is shown with the caret "^" sign

in a formula plain-text input.

> Also, the XML source could be placed in the clipboard with the appropriate
> transformation occurring when pasting.

this is great!

Since the API should be that of HTML5, I think it is important to have a more
direct link to the appropriate HTML5 section.
I also think the parameter names and arity should be repeated.

I believe an example of typical data-types really is needed (yes to one of the
question there!).

HTML5 leaves it open to use native types or mime's media-types, but warns about
spaces... it seems quite fussy.

Hence best practice is wished.

Le 29 mars 2011 à 16:46, Arthur Barstow a écrit :

> For this particular spec, it has been a very long time (2006) since it was
> lasted published in /TR/ and since that version has no link to the latest ED,
> one could easily conclude no work has been done on that spec. However, the
> reality is Hallvord has done significant work on the spec and as such, it
> facilitates "setting expectations" for us to publish a new WD.

Please receive my personal approval to publish as a WD, even with none of my
issues addressed.

it's great to see it evolving.

paul