On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 03:00:55 +0200, Adrian Bateman <adria...@microsoft.com> wrote:
I was about to send a similar proposal. We'd prefer to add an optional argument to append that specifies the filename. This is the smallest change to implementations and doesn't require developers to understand the BlobBuilder in order to use FormData. Having to create another reference to a Blob and probably deal with managing a File and Blob both pointing to the same data seems unnecessarily involved when all we want is to get the filename into the FormData object.

Isn't the smallest change just setting the file name to "blob" rather than the empty string? I suspect setting the filename might come up elsewhere too (e.g. file system API) so I'd rather not do it here.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/