On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Olli Pettay <olli.pet...@helsinki.fi> wrote:
> One thing missing is some kind of declarative way to define
> shadow trees, similar to XBL1's <content>.
>
> It would be rather strange if one needs to explicitly construct
> shadow tree after the element is created.

I know we plan to add a declarative syntax similar to XBL, but the
scripted syntax gets into the details better, so it's better to focus
on that first.  It's also easy, when you start from a declarative
solution, to accidentally build in magic that's hard to replicate
imperatively.  Starting from imperative has similar risks, but I think
they're easier to manage.

~TJ