On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 08:40:56 -0700, Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de> wrote:
That section says:

"2.1 Dependencies

This specification relies on several other underlying specifications.

HTML

Many fundamental concepts from HTML are used by this specification. [HTML]
WebIDL

The IDL blocks in this specification use the semantics of the WebIDL specification. [WEBIDL]"

How is a reader supposed to know that "resolve a URL", printed in bold, refers to a very specific algorithm in the HTML spec?

It is indeed not ideal, and as I mentioned earlier we are looking for someone to make it better, but it is not too hard to find out either. You open the two dependencies, do a full text search, and you are done.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/