On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:33:38 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:
So if I understand the proposal correctly:

After .open has been called with async=false:
* setting .responseType to anything other than "" throws InvalidAccessError
* setting .wirthCredentials to true throws InvalidAccessError

Additionally, when calling .open with async=false, throw
InvalidAccessError if .responseType is set to anything other than ""
or .withCredentials is true.

I implemented this in the specification, limited to XMLHttpRequest objects that have an associated XMLHttpRequest document. (So it still works in a Worker context.)

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/xhr-source.diff?r1=1.126;r2=1.127;f=h

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/

If that's the proposal, then this sounds good to me.

Yes, though I missed withCredentials.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/