On Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Brian LaMacchia wrote:

> 3) Widget-DSig's choice of RSA-4096 is particularly surprising given the
> increased size of the signature & verification cost relative to ECDSA-SHA256.
> That's not going to be efficient to validate, especially not for smartphones
> and other low-power devices.

Strangeā€¦ no implementer has reported any performance problems on phones? Phones
have been the primary target platform for widgets and we worked pretty closely
with around 10 OEMs or software vendors and this never came up. I've personally
tested around 5 different runtimes (from WAC) and have never noticed any
performance issue at boot (no real difference then starting a native app or
anything I could perceive). Maybe I'm missing something?

Kind regards,
Marcos

--
Marcos Caceres