On 5/14/12 10:32 PM, Charles Pritchard wrote:
Yes, I understand that. Canvas 2d text still needs to be able to do
things like font fallback, shaping, bidi, etc, etc, etc. last I checked.

Oh, the rendering isn't thread safe either?

Right. The rendering involves access to style data structures that are not threadsafe. It involves caching shaped textruns and such; that cache is not threadsafe. The actual shaper may or may not be threadsafe. The bidi code is not threadsafe.

These are all solvable issues... on some timescale.  ;)

-Boris