Thanks to the inestimable help of the W3C staff I am now plugged into the
mercurial mainline and have uploaded the first stab at the Push API
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/push/raw-file/default/index.html

I incorporated Mozilla's client API ideas in
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Services/Notifications/Push/API as the "PushManager"
interface, and also in the "PushService" interface with some additions to
support a more explicit event model for received message delivery, derived from
Server-Sent Events.

A lot is still left unsaid, and I will work on examples.

I also have not addressed the server API aspect that Mozilla mentioned in their
proposal. Like a lot that is left unsaid in their client API proposal (how does
the browser determine what that magic server URL is...?), the server API is
likely related to the specific Push service that is bound to the API. I am
considering the use of Web Intents to discover and select the Push Service
provider that the user wants apps to use, assuming that we can leave the
"backend" details to the intent provider. I'm not yet sure how the pieces will
fit together, how much needs to be defined, and how my earlier proposal about
specific event source selection and filtering fits into this, but it's a start.

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan