On 6/11/12 7:39 PM, Elliott Sprehn wrote:
After discussing this with some other contributors there were questions
on why we're enforcing the order of the document child nodes.

Because otherwise serialization of the result would be ... very broken?

Can we leave the behavior when your document is out of order unspecified?

You mean allow UAs to throw or not as they wish? That seems like a pretty bad idea, honestly. We should require that the insertion be allowed (and then specify what DOM it produces) or require that it throw.

-Boris