Le 19/06/12 22:48, fantasai a écrit :

You could just work in the explanation I sent in
http://www.w3.org/mid/4fc64100.3060...@inkedblade.net
e.g.
| Each element in the top layer's stack has a ::backdrop pseudo-element,
| which can be styled to create a backdrop that hides the underlying
| document when the element is displayed fullscreen.

I think that would address Daniel's comment.

Yes. But please note I insist on this only because I think the current
prose is absolutely not self-explanatory enough.

The CSSWG generally tries to explain the intention of a feature at a high
level rather than simply giving the processing model and asking
implementers
to blindly implement it. This helps spec reviewers understand the goal of
the feature and therefore comment intelligently on how it fulfills that
goal, and it helps implementers and authors create a mental context for
interpreting the rest of the spec text and applying it to real code.

Again, yes. I am in particular thinking of implementors who will read
this document w/o having followed the discussions here. I know our (W3C)
specs are not meant for end-user consumption but it's not a reason to
make them hard to understand even to implementors.

That's also the reason why I asked to explain requestFullscreen(). It
can sound obvious, but it's not. And in fact, we should _never_
introduce a new syntax, API, whatever w/o saying _what it does_ from
a functional point of view before explaining how it works.

</Daniel>