On 18/09/2012 13:04 , Olli Pettay wrote:
I think we should discuss about moving File API: Directories and
System API from Recommendation track to Note. Mainly because the API
hasn't been widely accepted nor implemented and also because there
are other proposals which handle the same use cases. The problem with
keeping the API in recommendation track is that people outside
standardization world think that the API is the one which all the
browsers will implement and as of now that doesn't seem likely.

I wonder if a good case couldn't be made to move it to the upcoming SysApps WG (http://www.w3.org/2012/05/sysapps-wg-charter.html)?

It's very late to sneak anything into the charter, but I reckon it could fall under their Media Storage API deliverable.