On 08/05/2013 01:39 , Glenn Maynard wrote:
On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Robin Berjon <ro...@w3.org
<mailto:ro...@w3.org>> wrote:
    Have you looked at just reusing JAR for this (given that you support
    it in some form already)? I wonder how well it works. Off the top of
    my head I see at least two issues:

JARs are just ZIPs with Java metadata.  We don't need metadata, so plain
ZIPs are enough.

I'm looking at JARs because Gecko supports them. We certainly don't want the Java metadata, but we might need some metadata (e.g. media type mappings).

This depends on a document, so it wouldn't work in workers unless we add
a second API to register them in script.

This isn't initially for Workers, but as indicated previously in this thread a method might be useful anyway.