On Feb 5, 2014, at 11:12 AM, Ian Clelland wrote:

> The great thing about Cordova is that it doesn't have to be a single platform
> -- every developer has the power to choose the APIs that they want to use,
> and every published app is essentially running on its own custom web platform.
>
> I wasn't presenting the Cordova data point as "we're doing this already, and
> it's going to be too much work to change now". Far from it; Cordova is a
> flexible platform, and someone could write a plugin providing the
> Mozilla-backed Filesystem API tomorrow, and it wouldn't cause any hardship to
> developers who didn't choose to adopt it.

My point was merely to say that  "every published app running on its own custom
web platform" is a different kind of implementation than a web browser, that's
all :-)

I think it's *really great* that Cordova provides a flexible platform for web
APIs to land, and that plugins can be deployed rapidly. I'd *gladly* welcome an
implementation of the FileSystem proposal in Cordova, or at least more feedback
on the proposal as it stands currently.

-- A*