On Jan 13, 2015, at 10:45 AM, Domenic Denicola <d...@domenic.me> wrote:

> From: Ryosuke Niwa [mailto:rn...@apple.com]
>
>> Shouldn't we throw in this case because the concert type of "somename" is
>> HTMLUnknownElement?
>
> Yes, that's exactly the current design. Hidden a bit:
>
> https://github.com/domenic/element-constructors/blob/master/element-constructors.js#L4
>
> This still leaves the potential hazard of someone doing `new
> HTMLUnknownElement("somename")` and their code breaking later once "someone"
> becomes a real tag... hopefully the "Unknown" is a bit more of a deterrent
> though?

Or, we could always throw an exception in the constructor of HTMLUnknownElement
so that nobody could do it.  It would mean that libraries and frameworks that
do support custom elements without "-" would have to use document.createElement
but that might be a good thing since they wouldn't be doing that in the first
place.

- R. Niwa