Den 3/24/2015 20:37, Arthur Barstow skreiv:
On 3/21/15 1:27 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 5:52 AM, Arthur
Barstow<art.bars...@gmail.com>  wrote:
2.<http://www.w3c-test.org/webmessaging/without-ports/025.html>; this
test
failure (which passes on IE) is considered an implementation bug
(MessageChannel and MessagePort are supposed to be exposed to Worker)
that
is expected to be fixed.
I'm not sure that we can really consider lack of support in Workers "a
bug". Worker support is generally non-trivial since it requires making
an API work off the main thread.

That said, mozilla has patches for worker support in progress right
now, so hopefully Firefox can serve as second implementation here
soon.

Thanks for this info Jonas.

My characterization of this failure wasn't especially good. I think the
main point with respect to discussing this failure with the Director (or
someone acting on his behalf) is that the lack of a second
implementation is not caused by a bug/issue in the spec itself, and that
at least one other browser vendor already has a relevant patches in
progress.

Given the large majority of the tests (84/86) have two or more passes
and the patch you mention above, it seems reasonable to request moving
this spec to PR now. Is that OK with you or should we consider your
position a "formal objection"?

Hi,

if it helps, Blink now passes those two failing tests; Chrome canary/nightly builds have the fixes included.

(Fixes for http://www.w3c-test.org/webmessaging/without-ports/{008,009}.html should appear overnight also.)

hth
--sigbjorn