If I’m not mistaken, Gerv is saying, rather than update a bunch of text in 
other places, how about changing the name back to Baseline Requirements for the 
Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted Certificates.  

 

Gerv, if that is correct, I second the motion.

 

-Rich

 

From: Public [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ryan Sleevi via 
Public
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 7:26 AM
To: Gervase Markham <[email protected]>
Cc: Ryan Sleevi <[email protected]>; CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List 
<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cabfpub] Baseline Requirements "Certificate Policy" for the 
Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted Certificates

 

 

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 8:23 AM, Gervase Markham <[email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:

On 21/06/17 13:56, 陳立群 via Public wrote:
> *Baseline Requirements: *The Baseline Requirements for the Issuance and
> Management of Publicly-Trusted Certificates as
> published by the CA/Browser Forum and any amendments to such document.
>
> To
>
> *Baseline Requirements: *The Baseline Requirements Certificate Policyfor
> the Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted Certificates as
> published by the CA/Browser Forum and any amendments to such document.

I realise it's important for this document to have a single name, but do
we really have to fix the problem by making what is already a very long
name even longer?

If we are going to ballot a new name and update everything to match,
let's take the opportunity to make it shorter.

Gerv

 

I believe you may have misunderstood. We updated the name in 1.3.0, but not the 
text in Section 2.2 

_______________________________________________
Public mailing list
[email protected]
https://cabforum.org/mailman/listinfo/public

Reply via email to