All,

We have sent the following notice to each CA Primary Point of Contact (POC)
who has been regularly and frequently logging into the CCADB.

We would like to have a discussion here about the information that CA
primary POCs currently obtain by logging into the CCADB when they don’t
need to update their CA’s data or create/update a Case.

As a Primary POC for your CA…

   - What information are you looking for when you log in to the CCADB when
   you do not intend to update/create data or a case?
   - Would it be helpful for the CCADB to provide that information via
   additional public reports?
   - Would you want to opt-in to a regular email from the CCADB containing
   certain information about your CA, so that you don’t need to log into the
   CCADB as often?

== Notice to Primary POCs ==

Subject: [Action Requested] Exceeding CCADB CA Logins for Current Term

Dear CA Primary POC,

With this message, we request that until August 5, you only log in to the
CCADB if you need to make a data update, such as reporting a new
intermediate certificate/revocation or updated audit, self assessment, and
policy documents. If it is possible to consolidate multiple updates across
one CCADB login session rather than spreading these logins and updates
across multiple days, it would be appreciated.

Reason for this request:

The CCADB is a highly customized instance of Salesforce, and we have been
notified by Salesforce that we are exceeding our CA user login numbers for
this annual term, which ends on August 4.

CA users are "Salesforce Community" users, and information about Salesforce
Communities Licenses may be found here:
https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/developer-relations/2014/02/salesforce-communities-licenses#:~:text=What%20happens%20if%20I%20go%20over%20my%20monthly%20limit%20allocation%3F

Salesforce follows a yearly entitlement policy to determine overage for
community user logins. We (CCADB Steering Committee member organizations)
are currently paying for an annual allotment of community user logins, of
which we only have about 100 left in our annual term, which resets on
August 5.

As the CCADB usage continues to grow, we will (1) evaluate options for our
next annual term with Salesforce, and (2) initiate further discussion in
the CCADB public group (https://groups.google.com/a/ccadb.org/g/public) to
better understand the CA community usage and login needs.

==

Thanks,
Kathleen and the CCADB SC