On Mon Dec  7 21:22:53 2009, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
In today's XMPP Council meeting, we had a brief discussion about pubsub versioning. I noted again that (pending further discussion) I'm tempted
to rip this out of XEP-0060 in the interest of pushing out the other
fixes and changes we've made. Dave Cridland noted that he thinks the
requirements and use cases for versioning aren't clear. I tend to agree. Therefore I have removed the section on Data Versioning from XEP-0060. I hope that this will enable the Council to approve v1.13 of XEP-0060 (and the pending fixes to XEP-0163) before the end of the year. Then we can
have a fight about data versioning in 2010.

Possibly at Summit 8. Let's schedule some time.

To make things clear - or else muddy the waters further - I can think of at least two clear use cases for what's being discussed as "versioning", and they're not compatible.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:d...@cridland.net - xmpp:d...@dave.cridland.net
 - http://dave.cridland.net/