On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Tuomas Koski <koski.tuo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> >  </pubsub>
> > </iq>
> >

> > Step 2: Service replies with success
> >
> > <iq type='result'
> >    from='pubsub.shakespeare.lit'
> >    to='franci...@denmark.lit/barracks'
> >    id='sub1'>
> >  <pubsub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>
> >    <subscription
> >        node='princely_musings'
> >        jid='franci...@denmark.lit'
> >        subscription='subscribed'/>
> >  </pubsub>
> > </iq>
> >
> > In this point the entity does not yet know if it is a publisher, a
> > member, (or something else) in the node so it needs to retrieve it's
> > affiliation list
> > (http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#owner-affiliations-retrieve).
> > Same situation will happens with "Subscription Requests" with possible
> > Subscription approval notification.
>
> Typo here, i meant to use ofcourse
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#entity-affiliations, not the
> owner one.
>

> 2009/12/19 Tuomas Koski <koski.tuo...@gmail.com>:
> > Would it be completely silly idea to add the current affiliation state
> > of an entity to the success/event replies of above examples? Also what
> > is the reason to support "Retrieve Subscriptions" and "Retrieve
> > Affiliations" in separate stanzas?  Both must exists for an entity,
> > right? Would the workflow be more simply by adding the affiliation
> > state information to the "Retrieve Subscriptions" result set?
> >
> > For example, Entity requests all current subscriptions
> >
> > <iq type='get'
> >    from='franci...@denmark.lit/barracks'
> >    to='pubsub.shakespeare.lit'
> >    id='subscriptions1'>
> >  <pubsub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>
> >    <subscriptions/>
> >  </pubsub>
> > </iq>
> >

> > Service returns all current subscriptions with affiliation state:
> >
> > <iq type='result'
> >    from='pubsub.shakespeare.lit'
> >    to='franci...@denmark.lit'
> >    id='subscriptions1'>
> >  <pubsub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>
> >    <subscriptions>
> >      <subscription node='node1'
> >                           jid='franci...@denmark.lit'
> >                           subscription='subscribed'
> >                           affiliation='publisher' />
> >    </subscriptions>
> >  </pubsub>
> > </iq>
>
> Or should the entity just request subscriptions/affiliations in a follow
> way:
>
>  <iq type='get'
>    from='franci...@denmark.lit/barracks'
>    to='pubsub.shakespeare.lit'
>    id='subscriptions1'>
>  <pubsub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>
>    <subscriptions/>
>     <affiliations/>
>  </pubsub>
>  </iq>
>
> And expect a reply to something similar as:

Hi Tuomas,

I do prefer the latter one

"
<iq type='get'
   from='franci...@denmark.lit/barracks'
   to='pubsub.shakespeare.lit'
   id='subscriptions1'>
   <subscriptions/>
    <affiliations/>
 </pubsub>
 </iq>
"

But only in case that the subscription and affiliation states are ket live,
and if any changes on those the cahnegs will be published to the entity,
propably with option to publush or not to in the request.

By my opinion other possibility is to have similar "live" affilation state
per subscribtion id where one will receive it's affiliation state for
certain node/subscription just by listening those messages.

br,

 Ville