On 2 Feb 2010, at 19:43, Peter Saint-Andre <stpe...@stpeter.im> wrote:

On 1/28/10 5:07 PM, Kirk Bateman wrote:
Liam,

Sounds like a reason to have the client side check for new posts on
connect. This was something I thought about quite a bit with Buddycloud
ideas.

Essentially, you can have a situation where you need to have a pull to check for missed items while offline, I think I mentioned it on the list
when we were talking about version or timestamps for published items.

The conversation about versioning was postponed but not cancelled. I'm
sure we'll get back to it someday. :)

That's good, I'm planning to try and use more of my outside work time concentrating on xmpp this year and I think Jack's excellent new book has given me some good inspiration.

Already got a few project ideas in mind.

Cheers

Kirk
Peter

--