> We already have XEP-0184. Why define something new ...

Sure. My point is that clients are easy to adapt for p2p ack, but when the
server needs to participate, well that's beyond the scope of my current
release.

>> but publishers shouldn't get acks from zillions of subscribers.
> Agreed. But your application seems to have special requirements.

It's not an IM app; the data published *has* to arrive, and data is often
published when subscribers are offline.

And hey, it was your blog that positioned XMPP against AMQP :-)