On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:40:11 PM EDT Matthew Madey wrote:
> I've been running Pulp 2.4 for months, recently installed 2.7 on a
new
> machine, and I'm noticing different behavior. /var/cache/pulp is
filling up
> with what seems to be repository metadata and filling up /var. I
have other
> Pulp servers which have been upgraded to 2.7 and don't exhibit this
same
> behavior either. I'm curious as to why this is only affecting new
> installations. I'd really like to avoid creating a separate file system
for
> this, since it doesn't seem to be an issue anywhere else.

Hello Matthew!

We started using /var/cache/pulp as a temporary working space for
the Celery workers instead of /var/lib, so that it would be a local block
device for systems that store /var/lib/pulp on NFS (a common
deployment strategy).

When you say it is filling up, do you mean that it's a large amount of
bytes in that folder during operation, or do you mean that Pulp is
failing to remove files from that path when it is done with them?