I started with a clean server install on CenOS7 with 2.8.3 and one client to test. Works ok when "yum update" is run on the client.

I noticed the 2.8.4 hotfix was available. I read the release notes and ran the stop and noticed that I didn't have goferd running - or installed. I can't find anywhere where that is required to be installed by hand or installed by dependency on a pulp server - only on the consumer. Is that an artifact of older server releases or what? The db migration ran without errors and I restarted everything.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is pushing content from the server.