Pulp 2.9 Beta 1 is now available, and can be downloaded from
the 2.9 beta repositories:

https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/beta/2.9/

This release includes many new features, as well as bug fixes. Owing to the more
rapid, time-based release of 2.9, this release should consist of fewer new
features compared to the release of 2.8. Try out the new features, and let us
know how they work for you!

Upgrading
=========

The 2.9 beta repositories are included in the pulp repo files:
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-pulp.repo for fedora 22 &
23
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/rhel-pulp.repo for RHEL 6 & 7

After enabling the 2.9 beta repositories, you'll want to follow the standard
upgrade path, with migrations, to get to 2.9:

> $ sudo systemctl stop httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat
> $ sudo yum upgrade
> $ sudo -u apache pulp-manage-db
> $ sudo systemctl start httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager
> pulp_celerybeat

New Features
============

New features for Pulp 2.9 include optimizations in publishing, repoview support
for yum repos, langpacks support for yum repos, and more:

  Pulp
        1724    Publish should be a no-op if no units and no settings have
changed since the last successful publish

  RPM Support
        1976    As user, I can specify directory where all rpms will be
published
        1716    As a user, I can have better memory performance on Publish by
using SAX instead of etree for comps and updateinfo XML production
        1543    As a user, I would like incremental export to be the same
format as full export
        1367    comps langpacks support
        1158    As a user, I can force full/fresh publish of rpms and not do an
incremental publish
        1003    As a user, I can use pulp-admin to upload of package_environment
        189     Repoview-like functionality for browsing repositories via the
web interface

View this list in redmine:
http://bit.ly/1XXtIps