Pulp 2.8.5 is now available in the stable repositories:

https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/stable/2.8/

This release addresses two identified Pulp platform security flaws,
and also includes bugfixes for the Pulp platform and all supported plugins.

Upgrading
=========

User action is required to address the CVEs associated with this upgrade!

Included in the list of :fixedbugs:`2.8.4` are two CVEs:

        CVE-2016-3696: Leakage of CA key in pulp-qpid-ssl-cfg
        CVE-2016-3704: Unsafe use of bash $RANDOM for NSS DB password and seed

Upgrade instructions
--------------------

The CVEs require user interaction to remedy if you have been using qpid, and if
you used pulp-qpid-ssl-cfg to generate the TLS keys. Rabbit users and users who
generated their own keys for qpidd are not affected by these CVEs.

Begin by upgrading to Pulp 2.8.4 and running migrations:

> $ sudo systemctl stop qpidd httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager
> pulp_celerybeat goferd
> $ sudo yum upgrade
> $ sudo -u apache pulp-manage-db

Note: You don't need to restart goferd if goferd isn't installed.

Any qpidd CA, server and client certificate and key pairs that were generated
with
pulp-qpid-ssl-cfg are unsafe and should be replaced. After upgrading to 2.8.4
(as we did above), you can use the script to replace the certificates and keys:

> $ sudo pulp-qpid-ssl-cfg

Now we are ready to start the services again:

> $ sudo systemctl start qpidd httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager
> pulp_celerybeat goferd

Issues Addressed
================

  Crane
        1958    uninstall causes POSTUN script failure
  Docker Support
        1994    Docker v1 links missed by 0002 (storage path) migration.
        1909    Repository syncs fail
        1831    sync of non-existing repo does not report an error
        1646    It is theoretically possible for a v2 sync to enter an infinite
recursion loop
        1644    Users cannot download Blobs in parallel
  Nectar
        1820    Fix checking for config.proxy_username
        1372    Nectar logging is vague when a certificate is untrusted.
  OSTree Support
        1934    OSTree syncs are broken
  Pulp
        1937    Syncing a puppet module with the same content as a different
repo results in no content
        1923    POST /pulp/api/v2/content/actions/delete_orphans/ is broken
        1890    pulp-qpid-ssl-cfg echoes the NSS DB password
        1858    CVE-2016-3704: Unsafe use of bash $RANDOM for NSS DB password
and seed
        1854    CVE-2016-3696 Leakage of CA key in pulp-qpid-ssl-cfg
        1712    Our packages that depend on pulp-selinux do not Require: that
package in our spec file
        1113    If an instance of pulp_celerybeat dies unexpectedly, Pulp
incorrectly tries to "cancel all tasks in its queue"
  Puppet Support
        1950    module upload fails with IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or
directory
        1880    PLP0000: Update failed (The dotted field
'thomasmckay-rsync-0.4.1-thomasmckay'
        1879    Incorrect name when syncing puppet module from the filesystem
  Python Support
        1973    Repo symlinks are not removed after repository delete
  RPM Support
        2007    Errata install API should expect 'id' as part of unit key
        1979    metadata unit copy action creates incorrect unit count on repo
        1972    migration 28 misses distribution symlinks
        1955    Need a migration to ensure that Distribution units have a
default value of '' for variant.
        1954    The distribution storage path migration fails when variant is
not in the document.
        1944    YumMetadataFile copy does not save its new storage_path
        1910    Errata update fails when id of the repo is added to the
existing collection
        1901    Fix error handling during the erratum update
        1897    catalog entries not created for pre-existing units
        1895    Recursive RPM unit copies are not recursive
        1775    Content removed from a repository never returns
        1462    Errata Install to Content Host takes too long and doesn't scale
well
        1288    warning log level for "Overwriting existing metadata file" is
misleading
        858     As a user, I would like to receive updated errata metadata

View this list in redmine: http://bit.ly/267OC6f