Pulp 2.9.3 Beta 2 is now available in the beta repositories:

  https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/beta/2.9/

This release includes bug fixes to Pulp Platform, the RPM Plugin,
and the Docker plugin.

Since Beta 1, a few blocking issues were discovered related to upgrading to
2.9 from earlier versions of pulp. Those fixes and a couple other minor bugfixes
have been included in Beta 2.

The blocking upgrade issues also affect 2.10, so we'll be releasing a new 2.10
release candidate as soon as possible.

Upgrading
=========

The 2.9 beta repositories are included in the pulp repo files:
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-pulp.repo for fedora 22 &
23
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/rhel-pulp.repo for RHEL 6 & 7

After enabling the pulp-2.9-beta repository, you'll want to follow the standard
upgrade path with migrations:

> $ sudo systemctl stop httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat
> $ sudo yum upgrade
> $ sudo -u apache pulp-manage-db
> $ sudo systemctl start httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager
> pulp_celerybeat

Issues Addressed
================

These issues are fixed in Pulp 2.9.3:

  Docker Support
        2198    Timestamp not updated for changed docker_tag
        2142    Units created with 0-byte files when sync runs out of disk space
  Pulp
        2121    Requires: selinux-policy is broken in spec files
        2112    Status API does not log Qpid errors
        2047    directory creation race condition during publish
  RPM Support
        2236    Upgrading to pulp 2.9 causes sync of repos with DRPM' with a
"relativepath" field to fail.
        2234    Upgrading to pulp 2.9 causes sync of repos with SRPM's with a
filelist field to fail.
        2197    Error report for file size verification is not generated
correctly
        2134    Updating a repo without specifying checksum_type causes KeyError
        1926    package without epoch in the erratum pkglist is not handled
correctly during publish
        1881    pulp-admin fails to display the erratum if not all metadata is
present
        236     Don't re-download rpms if they exist on disk

View this list in Redmine:
http://bit.ly/2bPVEca

Fedora Support

Fedora 22 packages are incidentally included in this release, but are not
supported due to Fedora 22 reaching its end-of-life.