I'm seeing the exact behavior mentioned,

https://www.redhat.com/archives/pulp-list/2016-July/msg00024.html

I believe this bug was closed prematurely, situation is 100% identical,
something is not behaving like your typical HTTP client.

I've clocked the mirror downloads, and they are served at a very respectable
speed, however pulp somehow stalling.

-J.

AOMobile - AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. Download on the App
Store?<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aomobile/id626262396?mt=8&uo=4> | Get it
on Google
Play(tm)<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amtrust.aomobile>
- Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S.
and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Android is a trademark of Google Inc.

Confidentiality Notice: This email message is intended only for the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. This email may contain information that is
proprietary or privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited. If you received this email by accident, please notify the
sender immediately and destroy this email and all copies of it.