Pulp 3 development is in full swing, and we've begun thinking about what we
may want out of future versions of the Python plugin.  We would love your
input, too!

We've created a wiki page on pulp.plan.io detailing our initial thoughts on
what use cases the Pulp Python plugin should support, and whether we
believe they need to be a part of the initial 3.0 release of Pulp Python.

https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_Python_Roadmap

<https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_Python_Roadmap>
For the sake of encouraging discussion, I have also pasted those use cases
below.  If there is a use case which you would like to have supported, or
one listed which you think should be better defined, don't hesitate to let
me know :)

Thank you,
Daniel

Pulp Python 3.0 Use Cases

*[3.0] Synced Package Index Use Case:*As a user, I can configure an
importer to sync a list of projects

   - Syncing a project includes all releases
   - Syncing a release includes all distribution packages (all types)

As a user, I can publish a repository:

   - Published Distributions are consumable by pip
   - Published projects are consumable by other Pulps
   - Published projects will include all releases and distributions

*Upload Use Case:*

*[3.0] *As a user, I can upload individual distribution packages (name,
version, platform)

   - As a user I can upload an egg
   - As a user I can upload a wheel
   - As a user I can upload a sdist

*[3.1+]* A twine user can publish a distribution package to Pulp

*[3.1+] Granular Sync Use Case:*
Blacklist: As a user, I can disinclude some content of a project

   - By specifying (release, distribution package)
   - I can disinclude content by distribution type

Whitelist (Curated Package index Use Case) As a user, I can sync packages
that reproduce a specific environment

   - From the output of pip freeze (loose use case)
   - With the name, exact versions, and distribution type (tight use case)

*[3.1+] PyPI Publish Use Case:*

As a user, I can publish a release to a remote package index

   - As a user, I can configure Pulp to publish to PyPI with my auth
   credentials

*[3.1+]* PyPI *Cache Use Case:*

As a user, I can use Pulp as a PyPI cache