For some time now I have built up several pulp2 mirrors of various upstream rpm
repos to make local updates run faster and to segregate environments. I do not
require client registration so it is a dirt simple setup for basic OS patching.
It is trivial to rebuild my rpm repositories if needed and to sync them as
needed via scripts using pulp_admin.

I'm trying to figure out how to do this with pulp3 - and I'm still a bit
puzzled. The pulp3 ansible deploy method is really quite slick. One issue down.
Simply mirroring outside repos is quite common with pulp2 usage and documented
everywhere in the webnets but not so much for pulp3. I realize the CLI went
away but surely there must be some pulp2 to pulp3 task equivalence somewhere or
maybe someone has real world examples written up already and hasn't yet
published them. Searching/reading/searching gives me lots of information on
complex issues around document versioning, history, plugins, API usage, pulp3
architecture, etc. For me this makes a simple migration to pulp3 more difficult
for probably the easiest use case out there. Am I too early to the game to
consider a move or is it all in front of me but in a million pieces!

Thanks

Jim