Since the client_key is write_only, the only solution currently would be to
update the client_key with your entitlement cert. You could do this instead
of checking the client_key, or every time before sync or when you hit a 403.

I imagine that these solutions may not suffice for you though. In which
case, can you file a feature request and we can look at possible solutions?

https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/issues/new

David