Hello,

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 with two computers both with AMD video chipsets. Both of the sinks I need to output sound on have no mode setting in Gnome sound config. The analog outputs show surround options available, but S/PDIF and HDMI options only offer stereo output. Is there some way in which I can contribute to enhance Pulseaudio so that future versions will have this corrected?

On a separate topic, is there a way to force it to output with more channels until a patch is applied? I've tried messing around with pacmd and can't figure out how to set the channels. Does this need to be done through editing one of the config files?

Thanks!
Yfrwlf