On 12/02/2012 11:42 PM, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 23:24 +0100, Brendan Jones wrote:
On 11/24/2012 02:06 PM, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
On Mon, 2012-11-19 at 21:45 +0100, Brendan Jones wrote:
I'm seeing this in virtual box under KDE (also Fedora 18 / pulseaudio 2.1).

I guess it should be quite easy to reproduce this if I'd try this with
virtual box with the same setup as you. I've never used virtual box (or
any other virtual machine), but I think I should learn to do that. After
installing virtual box, I guess I need some OS image - could you point
me to the one that you were using when you reproduced this?

Thanks for following up. I also tried your patch with the same results.

You can try the latest Fedora 18 Beta. I've been using the Live KDE spin.

http://fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease

You can tab to get to the live kernel boot parameters and add a 3 to get
to init 3 equivalent.

  From there you can edit the /usr/bin/start-pulseaudio-kde script to add
log in and install packages into the live image as you require, e.g.

su -c 'yum install jack-audio-connection-kit-dbus d-feet
pulseaudio-debuginfo qjackctl'

Followed by init 5 to get X under liveuser

Thanks, I'm now able to reproduce the bug. I will try to find the root
cause.

Thanks Tanu! Let me know what we can do to help. Fedora is a release behind you guys for F18 (we will not be ugrading to 2.99 until F19 I believe), but Rex Dieter should not have too many problems with backporting bug fixes into 2.1. He also provides a repo for those wanting to try the latest pulseaudio but he hasn't updated it to 2.99 for F18. I will endeavour to take on a bigger role in diagnosing pulseaudio bugs with you guys from here on.