30.09.2014 12:43, David Henningsson wrote:

On 2014-09-29 16:33, Laurențiu Nicola wrote:
If nobody tried it, I might test the patch on my USB DAC. The problem is
that I'm not sure what's the best way to benchmark the playback. Do you
have some tips on that?

Run "top" in a low-latency playback scenario, that should be enough. You
might want to verify (e g with pactl) that you end up with the same
latency both with and without the patch.

Maybe others have more accurate methods to measure CPU consumption.

I used "perf". Please see this message:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2014-September/021745.html

If others also try this method, we may be able to compare the results.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov