On 2014-09-26 14:17, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
A summary of my proposal:

To add LFE low-pass filtering, just hack the current remixer
implementation, no need for interface changes anywhere.

Actually, I think this could be good enough, at least as a first step.

Do you think it would be okay to:

- Implement a LR2 or LR4 filter by "hacking the current remixer implementation"

- This requires us to add a "lfe-cutoff" parameter in daemon.conf, we can have a default of 120 Hz [1]. We could also have a special value of -1 meaning the current behaviour, i e sending a mix to lfe and leave the non-lfe channels unchanged

 - When the filter is in place, we can enable-lfe-remixing by default.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic

[1] Suitable for bikeshed discussions