30.10.2014 16:12, mailing lists wrote:
To debug the issue, I need the output of these two commands:

aplay -vv -d 1 -f cd -D hw:0 /dev/zero

aplay -vv -d 1 -f cd -D front:0 /dev/zero

I'm sorry, here they are:

root@rpi:~# aplay -vv -d 1 -f cd -D hw:0 /dev/zero
Playing raw data '/dev/zero' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz,
Stereo
Hardware PCM card 0 'USB Audio CODEC' device 0 subdevice 0
<...>

This is correct.

root@rpi:~#

root@rpi:~# aplay -vv -d 1 -f cd -D front:0 /dev/zero
Playing raw data '/dev/zero' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz,
Stereo
Plug PCM: Rate conversion PCM (48000, sformat=S16_LE)
<...>
Slave: Direct Stream Mixing PCM

And this is wrong. However, the strace from the previous email did not find any custom ALSA configuration files that could affect the outcome. Thus, I conclude that you, or maybe some stupid script that you ran, modified some file in /usr/share/alsa in a bad way in the past. Please reinstall alsa-lib (which may be known as libasound2 in some Debian-based distributions).

Or, please tar up the whole /usr/share/alsa directory and send the tarball here, and I'll look what exactly is damaged there.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov