21.02.2018 20:07, Georg Chini пишет:
Maybe you misunderstood me. What I mean, is that the pipe can be
opened for writing as long as we are suspended. So it open when
we see that the source is suspended or when we auto suspend. Close
it as soon as the source gets unsuspended. This will avoid POLLHUP
during suspend completely. While auto suspended, we additionally have
to listen for POLLIN.
This way we can only get POLLHUP (or POLLIN with no data) when the
source is running.

I think I understand. We need to keep our writer opened while transition
from autosuspended to opened state and just set events = 0.

But what I don't understand - why you so hate the freeing and allocating
rtpoll_item during this transition?

I'll try ro rewrite the patch (again) while we waiting for Tanu to apply
his patches.

--
Raman