On Fri, 07.08.09 16:41, Patrick Shirkey (pshir...@boosthardware.com) wrote:

Hi,

I have repeatedly had the following error message after installing the
following package:

yum install alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i586

- I get the same error messages with skype and while playing youtube
videos in firefox:

socket(): Address family not supported by protocol

Hmm, is this a non-standard kernel? Does it lack IPv6 or so? WHat's
the point?

It's the default Fedora 11 kernel.

That error message only turns up with the other one below. When it happens I cannot get any audio out of the apps that it comes from.

ALSA lib pulse.c:272:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection refused

Cheers.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd