Arun,

I've been trying to get higher bit rates to passthrough with no luck. Is setting the channel count supported with passthrough (yet)?

It seems that 384k sample rates aren't supported directly in alsa, I did some patching to no avail yet.

In any case if the channel count can be specified with passthrough the following should work.

paplay --raw --channels=2 --rate=192000 --passthrough File.dts.spdif192khz ( this works).

paplay --raw --channels=4 --rate=192000 --passthrough File.dts.spdif384khz ( this fails).

To passthrough dolby true-hd it looks like it'll be necessary for more than two channels to work.