Luke Kanies wrote:
Hi all,

One of the cool new things in 2.7 is easy serialization of classes
and definitions - meaning you can remotely query a master for which
ones exist, what parameters they require, etc.  There's even a
'resource_type' face for doing exactly that.

The only major problem with this is that it doesn't show any builtin
resource types, only the classes, definitions, and nodes from the
language.

In an attempt to fix this and many other things, I'm currently trying
to combine the Puppet::Resource::Type and Puppet::Type classes, and I
have a question:

When providing the list of acceptable parameters for a given
class/type/etc, should we list all of the metaparams (e.g., noop and
tag) as valid parameters for all of them, or should we rely on the
user to know that?

My tendency is to list them all, but what do you think?

We should list them all. This would be the principal of least surprise I think.

James

--
James Turnbull
Puppet Labs