On 20.07.2011 20:42, Nick Fagerlund wrote:
the generic case is more important and we should err on the side of
generating accurate web text.

In this case, I'm proposing the following:

:desc =>  "The search path for modules, as a series of directories
separated by `:` (on Unix-like systems) or `;` (on Windows).",

There are only two path separators in active use, it's not a big deal
to call out both of them. The other suggestions are worse. Any
objections?

No, sounds fine to me.

Best Regards, David