On Friday, November 11, 2011 at 3:29 PM, James Turnbull wrote:
> wearetherob...@puppetlabs.com (mailto:wearetherob...@puppetlabs.com) wrote:
> > Please review pull request #209: Ticket/2.7rc/9671 Transaction
> > performance improvements <https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/pull/209>
> > opened by (nicklewis)

> > This branch contains several improvements to the transaction
> > performance, primarily focused around eval_generate, and finding
> > resources to evaluate.
> >

> Are there any metrics for this? The ticket cites some earlier
> performance testing but doesn't mention what the result of this patch is
> on that testing?

I just updated the ticket (http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/9671) with
some information on this, but I'll repeat it here for convenience. A single
file recursive directory with 20000 files took around 110 seconds, which is
still slightly slower than 2.6, in exchange for having more flexibility to make
intelligent decisions when walking the graph in future.