wearetherob...@puppetlabs.com wrote:
> Please review pull request #210: Make pw user provider support user
> passwords on FreeBSD <https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/pull/210>
> opened by (tdb)

> The current pw user provider does not support user passwords. There's a
> patch in the FreeBSD port, but it's not complete.
>
> I've not done any ground breaking work here. I've just taken the patch
> from the FreeBSD port, a fix from bug #7500 in Redmine, and a bit of
> code from another user provider and tied them all together so they work.
>
> Tested on FreeBSD 8.2.
>
>   * Opened: Sat Nov 12 01:30:40 UTC 2011
>   * Based on: puppetlabs:2.7.x (ad16096f97a546b8a12ed1f5230d2f78de6a0064)
>   * Requested merge: tdb:freebsd-user-passwords
>     (a29c7794d6634fe2f13af53bc16aed849ed4799d)

Hi Tim

It'd be great if the BSD provider had tests -
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/tree/master/spec/unit/provider/user
- would you be interested in taking a stab at doing a basic set as well
based on the useradd ones?

I'd also probably squash a couple of these commits down to make it a bit
cleaner.

James

--
James Turnbull