Thanks for the suggestions guys but I'm giving this one up as too annoying to
bother.

The issue was to detect the nodes that hadn't checked in but were defined in
the manifest.

Getting the information out of the YAML is pretty easy, yes.

Thanks!

Trevor

On 11/21/2011 12:10 PM, Brian Gallew wrote:
> This is (almost) trivial.
> First, create a fact that turns /var/lib/puppet/state/classes.txt into an
> array.  Then extract that fact from the storedconfigs DB programmatically.
> Admittedly, this won't get all defined nodes, as that is somewhat meaningless
> since nodes can be "default" or regular exceptions.  Instead, this gets all
> nodes that have run Puppet at least once.
>
> On Nov 20, 2011, at 6:04 PM, James Turnbull wrote:
>
>> Trevor Vaughan wrote:
>>> Sorry but...bump?

>> Sorry missed this one - I do something vaguely similar for the Puppet
>> Rundeck integration - have a look at the code at:
>>
>> https://github.com/jamtur01/puppet-rundeck
>>
>> Others may be able to chime in with better ideas.
>>
>> James
>>
>> --
>> James Turnbull
>> Puppet Labs
>> 1-503-734-8571
>> To schedule a meeting with me: http://tungle.me/jamtur01
>>
>> --

- --
Trevor Vaughan
 Vice President, Onyx Point, Inc.
 email: tvaug...@onyxpoint.com
 phone: 410-541-ONYX (6699)
 pgp: 0x6C701E94

- -- This account not approved for unencrypted sensitive information --