On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Daniel Pittman <dan...@puppetlabs.com>wrote:

> I just bisect with `rspec spec/[a-m]* spec/my/failing_spec.rb`, and
> then narrow it down that way.  The script is a faster way to do that.
>
> I never found debugger inspection very useful compared to bisection
> because the source is often very, very opaque and distant - so unless
> I knew what I was looking for, I never found it.

Cool, this has been helpful.  I learned that it's not "just me" or that I'm
doing it wrong, which was what I initially suspected.

For this particular issue, the TypeDoc initialize method
calls  Puppet::Type.loadall so I'm going to try and figure out another
approach to trigger the bug that behaves consistently after other tests
might have initialized the Types and Providers.

-Jeff