Facter 1.6.9 is a release in the 1.6.x branch with bug fixes and
improvements.

It includes contributions from the following people: Jeff Weiss,
Joachim de Groot, Ken Barber, Matthaus Litteken, Moses Mendoza, and
Stefan Schulte.

This release is available for download at:
 https://downloads.puppetlabs.com/facter/facter-1.6.9.tar.gz
 https://downloads.puppetlabs.com/mac/facter-1.6.9.dmg
 https://apt.puppetlabs.com
 https://yum.puppetlabs.com

See the Verifying Puppet Download section at:

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/Downloading_Puppet#Verifying+Puppet+Downloads

Please report feedback via the Puppet Labs Redmine site, using an
affected version of 1.6.9:
 http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/facter/

Full Release Notes at:
https://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/facter/wiki/Wiki

Facter 1.6.9 Release Notes
======================
(#11511) Split lsb facts into multiple files

   If a fact is stored in a file that does not follow the convention
   $factname.rb we may encounter ordering and recursion issues as seen in
   bugreport #11511. The concrete example was

   - flush clears all facts
   - load_all is triggered to reload facts
   - inside an .rb file we query the operatingsystem fact directly
     (say outside a Facter.add block)
   - the operatingsystem fact has a suitable resolver for linux which
     wants to query the lsbdistid fact, which is (apperently) not yet
     loaded (this might not even be predictable)
   - the loader doesnt find a lsbdistid.rb file so it triggers load_all
     (remember: we are still trying to get a value for operatingsystem)
   - the load_all does load other files (like processor.rb) that want to
     query the architecture fact directly (outside a Facter.add block)
   - the architecture fact is dependent on the operatingsystem fact, we are
     currently trying to resolve -> boom: recursion

   This commit implements one possible fix: Split the lsb facts into
   differnet files so the loader finds them. We therefore dont have to run
   load_all in the middle of a fact resolution.

(#14332) Correct stubbing on Ubuntu

   The tests for facter fail on Ubuntu because lsbdistid is not
correctly stubbed.
   This patch fixes that small mistake by stubbing lsbdistid for all
Linux tests,
   except where the test is really about testing for Ubuntu.

Facter 1.6.9 Changelog
===================
Jeff Weiss (2):
     14eee2b (#12864) Windows: get primary DNS from registry
     753f3a4 Revert "(#12864) Windows: get primary DNS from registry"

Joachim de Groot (1):
     b398bd8 (#14334) Fix dmidecode based facts on DragonFly BSD

Ken Barber (1):
     6c46b2c (#14332) Correct stubbing on Ubuntu

Matthaus Litteken (1):
     ceefaf1 Update lib/facter.rb, CHANGELOG, facter.spec for 1.6.9rc1

Moses Mendoza (2):
     2842c96 Update rpm spec file
     ac51593 Wrap dmidecode/pciutils in ifarch block

Stefan Schulte (2):
     515fd65 (#11511) Split lsb facts into multiple files
     fbaa8fe (#11511) Correct lsbrelease specfile filename