----- Original Message -----

fwiw hiera isn't caching - there was a caching yaml backend floating around
not sure what the status was of that but it would be interesting to see if
using that help you.  But for heavy users there is definitely some win to be
had from looking at putting some caching into your backend.

I am not sure now but maybe it was Eric Shamow who had this maybe he can
point us at that code